Tuesday, January 12, 2010

"A Passing"


You may wonder, what does it feel like, to take a stroll through the small towns and cities we've been visiting here in Nicaragua. In an attempt to describe the feeling and the experience, I wrote this poem a few nights ago. Welcome to our peaceful and beautiful world. Enjoy.


"A Passing"

As a wandering soul I pass your home.
You're there, watching with calm curiosity,
my expressions, my movements, my essence.

I see you, acknowledgment pursed on my lips.
"Buenas."
Smooth with a silent, whispering s.
"Buenas," you reply, your syllables smiling.

I continue on my way.
In each doorway, a new blessing is waiting.
My eyes take you into my heart.
My voice carries to you my spirit's greetings.

"Adios."
Smooth with a silent, whispering s.
"Adios," you reply, your syllables smiling.

In this moment, time stands still.
A stroll through your colorful, welcoming land is simply sweet.
An offering of compassion is what we share.
An acknowledgment.
A passing.

(1.8.10)


Much love family! So nice talking to you Tee!

-Bryan

2 comments:

  1. Brian,
    this is beautiful. i love each word,
    thank you for writing.
    for reminding that within complexity,
    there is silence, there is a peace.
    and there is always, a whispering s.
    with love,
    sara

    ReplyDelete